|Thirteen books I’m planning on reading this summer!
1. Adolescent Literacy: Kylene Beers (et. al)
I am such a teacher-nerd. I can’t wait to read this book!
2. One Hundred Years of Solitude: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
just because it’s been awhile.
3. Sunshine: Robin McKinley
I re-read this book every few months, so it’s pretty much a guarantee.
4. Breaking Dawn: Stephanie Meyer
My former-students and I have an online-book-date to discuss this book. I cannot wait.
5. 84, Charing Cross Road: Helene Hanff
This is one of my go-to-when-stressed books. I am moving across the continent (plus the Atlantic) and getting married. I anticipate stress. And good times.
6. Pale Fire: Vladimir Nabakov
I love this book. I know; it’s an illness.
7. The Ladies’ Paradise: Emile Zola
Love it. See above comment on illness and love of books.
8. Team of Rivals: Doris Goodwin
This book kept getting bumped to the end of the TBR pile. I have placed it back on top.
9. The Schools Our Children Deserve: Alfie Kohn
I love this guy. He is unequivocal, well read, and diligently researched.
10. The Foundation Trilogy: Isaac Asimov
See stress, the relieving of.
11. North and South: Elizabeth Gaskell
Yes, I love 19th century novels. Oh well, there are worse vices.
12. When You Are Engulfed In Flames: David Sedaris
I’m looking forward to reading this book; I’ve heard good things.
13. Matilda: Roald Dahl
Not just for kids!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
14) writer & cat